I Dream PCS Mission
I Dream PCS co-designs purposeful, self-directed learning with children and families, so they have voice and choice on the path to discovering and pursuing their dreams.
You are all about I Dream’s Mission.
When you read the I Dream PCS mission, your eyes light up and you smile on the inside. Our website speaks to you and you know you want to be a part of making this school a reality for children. You can see it. Our mission and vision align with your beliefs and passion.
You have a growth mindset about yourself and your work.
You are a lifelong learner that is in constant evolution. You know you are good at what you do, but you also know that you always have room to learn. You learn from your mistakes and failures as much as you learn from books and from others. Growing yourself and your expertise comes natural to you. You approach the growth and development of learners and school programs by leveraging strengths and assets rather than focusing on deficits.
You are ready to disrupt systemic inequities in service of our children.
You understand that the current public education system perpetuates systemic racism and that the achievement gap exists by design. You are committed to social justice and ready to transform the current public school model to one that values the gifts and talents every child and every family bring to the world. You are also committed to doing your own work to identify and mitigate your biases and prejudices in service of this work.
Applicants must demonstrate and uphold the essential competencies as outlined by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Teaching & Learning
- Provide culturally responsive instruction that values and celebrates the life and culture of every learner.
- Serve as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement.
- Provide a therapeutic program to meet individual needs of speech/language and hearing challenges children.
- Assist and guide coaches in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
- Conducts assessments, analyzing results, and writing reports to determine strengths and concerns in areas of speech, voice, fluency, pragmatics, language, and oral motor skills.
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community as appropriate.
- Designs and conducts ongoing training and provides information and support to families when appropriate.
- Provides professional development and serves as a consultant to coaches (teachers are called coaches at I Dream PCS) and school staff on topics concerning speech improvement.
- Keeps thorough ongoing records for the individual learners receiving therapy or other school-provided speech services and documents in EasyIEP as required.
- Develops treatment plans (IEPs/504 plans) that are strength-based as well as child and family-centered for overall educational improvement.
- Ensures evaluations, treatment plans, and service delivery are aligned with school, local, and federal guidelines.
- Consults with grade level teams to develop and implement curriculum modifications and appropriate classroom strategies.
- Ensures learners’ skills are generalized across settings by collaborating with teaching teams and related service providers.
- Provides Specialized Instruction to learners in PK3 and PK4.
- Keeps abreast of best practices in speech-language therapy and language development.
- Initiate and develop supportive relationships with learners, their families, staff, and community members.
- Communicate regularly with families, conduct Partner Visits as needed throughout the school year
- Use assessments to adjust daily learning as needed to revise and plan instruction.
- Collaborate with learners, their families, and coaching team to continuously measure and celebrate learner progress toward mastery of standards and goals.
- Completes treatment notes and progress reports in a timely manner and according to school policy.
- CF accepted- Candidates with a supervisor provided
- Current Speech-Language Pathologist DC license; ASHA Certification
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as appropriate and accepted by OSSE
Compensation and Benefits
I Dream PCS offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package to promote self-care and overall wellness, including employer-covered health insurance for employee, dental and vision insurance, free life insurance up to $50,000, 403b retirement including employer match after one year, and free short term disability insurance.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Why Join I Dream PCS?
You will work to actively dismantle hierarchical systems of power that prevent young learners from realizing their full potential in the world. You will collaborate with other lifelong learners and social justice warriors to reimagine school design in a way that includes all voices in the decision-making process. You understand the task in front of us will require a monumental amount of work, but you see the vision and know this is difficult work we must do for our children.